Thursday, June 27, 2013

Guys and Guitars--유승우(Yu Seung Woo), 로이킴 (Roy Kim) and ICON (노민우)

Yay for Thursdays and Chill Music Stash!!

I have a thing for guitars.  Acoustic guitars.  It's been a good month for guys with guitars.

I'd never heard of Yoo Seung Woo (I've seen it Romanized different ways), but then I heard his cover of Sistar's "Give it to me."  Yes, after I saw this, I went and looked at his actual music videos.  But I still just love him and his guitar and the outdoors.

This kid is sooo super talented.  He also hits notes that I'm sure I would struggle with (I sure hope if his voice changes, it'll change for the better, if that's at all possible...).  This is such a summery version of this song.  And it feels like a cop out, doing a cover on Chill Music Stash--But I don't care :D


Now go and listen to some of his other songs ;)

Roy Kim's "Love Love Love"--Oh man.  Such a beautiful song.  I adore the music video (but I think you guys know already how much I love music videos that combine real events), and the song is... wow.  And he's so young!

This is another summer time song.  It's chill, but peppy, happy and just suited to whatever summer activity you plan on getting up to.

To listen to it is, hopefully, to love it:


Last is a teaser, and not something really chill.  But: it fits the guys and guitars label pretty perfectly.  It's No Min Woo from ICON with his acoustic guitar.

Okay.  Yes, No Min Woo is gorgeous.  But, I also love what they did with his concept: the black and white with the busy-ness of the patterns on his shirt and the guitar, the bling on his hat.  Love the weirdness with the video, and the way he plays that guitar?  Wow.


All I can say: Guys and Guitars.  Seriously.

Have a great week with your chill music :D

No comments:

Post a Comment