Thursday, October 30, 2014

STANDING EGG - 맘에 걸려 and Crush(크러쉬)_SOFA

Because, duh. Standing Egg. And, of course, because... Crush.

When these two come out with something in THE SAME WEEK... We mustn't question our good fortune. We must roll with the punches and simply accept what the universe chooses to deal to us. Which is AWESOMENESS, in this case.

In all seriousness, I adore both of these groups. If we can really call either of them "groups." I suppose in Standing Egg's case we might? I mean, aren't they a group of composers/musicians who feature vocalists? And... Well, Crush is a solo artist, so not really a group there.

Anyway...

Both of these songs are wonderful, and I love them both. Both artists have unique sounds that they bring to these new songs, but manage to keep the songs fresh and new. Crush's song is soulful and beautiful, featuring a nice deep bass rhythm to emphasize his voice, which I feel like I could curl up with and just take a nap, it's so... enticing and yet comforting and familiar, if that makes any sense.

Standing Egg comes to us with their standard upbeat, happy-with-a-touch-of-wistful-longing kind of song--songs like this I never tire of, and this will be up there on my list. It feels simple but reaches into your heart and takes you captive. It's the kind of song that will get stuck in your head, and you'll find yourself humming it a week later, and you hadn't even listened to it in that week. Those are the best kinds of songs.

Confession: I didn't really watch the music videos. I blame my hoppin' social life (I visited a friend and we painted pumpkins for Halloween, and... Things got a little crazy, what with the monster of Frankenstein's pumpkin taking up so much paint. You know how it is...) I did watch just a bit of Standing Egg's music video, and my first thought was... Wait, both actors are WHITE! What is this?

I'm not racist, I promise. But... Those actors were NOT Korean. Standing Egg IS Korean, right?! I'm not crazy?

Okay, forgive the levity, I just thought that was funny.

Go, now my friends and watch the music videos if you haven't, and enjoy them! They're great songs.

Standing Egg:


Crush:


Have a spooky and fun Halloween, stay safe and don't eat so much candy you get sick. That's not fun at all!  See you next week :D

No comments:

Post a Comment