Friday, November 16, 2012

데이브레이크(daybreak) - SILLY

I could honestly listen to these guys all day long.  No joke, this song is one that simultaneously makes you want to tap your foot and snap your fingers to the rhythm, but also just kind of lie back and bask in the awesome cuteness.

Of course, the first thing I noticed was that the little story that goes along with the song was all in backward-motion or whatever the technical term for it is.  That was freaking AWESOME!!  

Come on!  You can't be human and not like this video!  Really!  It's so fun and quirky and adorable!  I think my favorite/awkward part was where one of them is pouring water into the fishbowl, but drinks it after/before?  Yeah, the thought of drinking fish water is disgusting, but it's not actually fish water, so we're good.

Sorry, little tangent.  My favorite thing about the music video is probably the setup when they're in "band" mode.  I ADORE the lights all over the floor, and then when they transition from band to story-line and the lights turn into strewn balls of paper?  Genius. 

 I also love that the band is in suits for the band part, and his microphone.  Oh man, I'm weirdly in love with that microphone.

I may want one for Christmas.  I'm just saying.

I guess, lastly, I like this music video because it communicates in such a creative way how silly and awkward and backward falling in love feels, but at the same time how wonderful and... Just happy it is.  Because throughout the video, they are being teased and they are rewriting and agonizing over these messages, but they are still doing it!  They love every minute of the agony and silliness.  And I think it's a great music video.

So, to fall in love with the cute, awkward, backward story of falling in love by Daybreak, you should watch the music video, if you haven't yet :D


Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment