Thursday, January 17, 2013

EZ Hyung or: 이지형

For this week's Chill Music Stash, I'm going to give you an artist I had never really heard of before.  Well, that is not true.  I saw something of his, but it didn't really register, you know?  Like, when you first start liking a genre, or you aren't really familiar with something, and the images/videos you see at first don't really mean anything to you because you don't have the knowledge base to help you out?  Yeah, like that.

Anyway, EZ 형 is quickly growing on me.  I haven't heard a lot, but he is definitely going to go into my CMS playlist so I can listen over and over again!  I like his style, I love his voice, and you should listen to him too.  So here you go, a couple of songs that I actually HAVE listened to, and really love:


I enjoy the style of this one--the rhythm and the electronics that set his beautiful voice off so nicely.  It's quirky and upbeat, not something to necessarily chill to, but something you could definitely dance to, should the notion take you.  Just sayin'. 

Of course, if I see anybody dancing like a maniac, I'm going to assume it's one of you, dancing to this song! ;)



This song, on the other hand, is definitely one to chill to.  Or dance slowly, swaying like a tree in the wind.  Ummmm... Sorry for the weird imagery ;)  

With this one, the guitar is so wonderful.  You know how sometimes the intro to a song can be 2 whole minutes long, and by about 30 seconds of guitar, you are thinking, "When are they going to start singing, already?!"  This song is not like that, and I love how he makes the guitar his voice for the beginning.  

I love love LOVE the piano; I also love how his voice is not as forceful as in the previous song, it's almost breathy and creates such a dreamlike atmosphere.  And then the quirky keyboard thing/chime/whatever-the-heck-that-was comes in and it's all over for me.  Perfect!

Hope you all like 이지형 as much as I am coming to!  If you have any requests, feel free to leave them in the comments :D  If not, I'm thinking Dear Cloud is going to be next week's Chill Music Stash installment.  We'll see...

Have a great week with your chill listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment