Thursday, January 3, 2013

JUNIEL (주니엘) - illa illa (일라 일라)

Time for another song from my Chill Music Stash!  Aren't you excited?  :D

This week is JUNIEL's illa illa, and I have to say, I fell in love with the song even before I watched the music video.  It's got this great wistful feel in the beginning, rocking into a powerful chorus that never ceases to get me singing along.  Not well, mind you, but it's recognizable as singing ;)

She has this way of letting the guitar be the strong undertone to her almost breathy singing, and then the "illa's" come, and it's all over.  Just such a great song, such a great artist: I love listening to Juniel.

On to the music video, yay!!  



Not so much "yay," actually. 

 At first, I was watching and thinking, "Oh, this is the CUTEST MUSIC VIDEO EVER!!!"  And, it was.  It had this cute lady in a cute greenhouse surrounded by beautiful, green things.  And then there was rain, and an adorable boy, and... Sigh.  It was pretty much wonderful, and I was all set to love the music video so much more than any other music video I'd ever loved.  You know that feeling?  I sure hope so, because it's a good one.

But then?  You know what?!  My hopes were DASHED in the CRUELEST way possible!  The adorable boy (who is in the band CN BLUE, and is also in Heartstrings--he's DARLING!) sees her through the window, and smiles his cute smile, and has this total, overwhelming crush on her, if we can judge anything by the time he spent drawing her and buying a roomful of flowers from her.  He finally confesses to her, and what happens?!  Turns out she's DEAF!!!  I would have been okay with that, except, it's a totally STUPID scene!  

Seriously?  She's been deaf for how long?  Even assuming it happened in an accident not even a month before (but that can't be right, because he has spent a long time crushing on her), she wouldn't have sat there like a dumb person (get it?  Dumb is not only foolish but can't speak, often associated with deafness...), she would have gestured when he started speaking, or SOMETHING!  Seriously.  She's also been crushing on him--she would have actually responded when he finally got the nerve up to talk to her!  Geez.

So.  Other than that one huge, gaping HOLE in my heart this music video created, it was really wonderful.  I love the rain, and the birds, the way Juniel wasn't posing or anything, just playing and singing.  Great stuff.

Now, Darlings, go off and have a great week and weekend, and keep listening to your music!  Music is what makes the world go round.  It's the universal language.  Other than love.  And math... But we don't speak about math around here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment