Wednesday, October 24, 2012

긱스(Geeks) - Hold It Down MV

I like the Geeks. 
Okay, that's too mild.  More... I FREAKING LOVE THIS SONG!  And this band.
And I don’t usually like the style they’ve got going on, but for some reason they got to me.  For me I suppose it could be their name.  Geeks.  Seriously.  So super awesome and adorable!  And I geek out (forgive the horrible pun) over the fact that they spell it out in Korean.  Makes me happy.

Loving the song.  I liked Officially Missing you, too, but this one tugs at my heartstrings.
Yes.  My heart has strings.  Get over it.

Somehow the more I listen to it, the more I want to cry.  I know, silly right?  But the lyrics combined with a sort of melancholy feel to the music just… Sigh.  It’s like he’s upset but amused at his own feelings, and doesn’t know what to do with it, and so he moves on.  Or I could be totally off.  Meh.

There’s one shot of the path one of the guys is standing on, and it’s got things poking up.  I don’t know about you, but if I stepped on one of those things, I would completely skewer my foot! Seriously.

And the first thought I had about the couple-ey ness?  Their very first scene with him behind her, holding her?  Yeah, totally awkward looking.  He just looks uncomfortable there.  You can totally tell when people are not necessarily comfortable being close to each other, and he did not look super comfortable there.  Funny.

And, my last silly thing about the MV.  The guy singing and rapping at the beginning?  He’s kind of wearing sunglasses in the city. That wouldn’t be weird, except… It’s kind of night time.  And it’s not just the lens or any special effects.  The lights of the city are on around him.  Ha ha, I actually really love that, though.  Yet another thing that makes me happy.

I loved the different scenes they shot in.  The city at night (especially with the sunglasses), a park/field with grass, walking along the street, the sea.  Wonderful, shakes it up, and makes the music video interesting and fantastic to watch.

I loved the raindrops.  Rain is always symbolizing sadness, I think.  For me (I love the rain, but I live in a desert) in videos like this, it almost feels like the heart, crying.  Especially when whoever it is can’t.  Whoops, there goes my poetic side.  I really liked the rain, is what I’m saying.

These guys are so awesome.  I’m sure they’d prefer awesome to “adorable,” but at the same time I want to call them adorable too.  Not because they’re not amazing artists, but because they make us adore them.  It’s not just like, it’s adore… And I’m okay with that.  They sneak into your heart with their music and awesomeness and stay there.  The Geeks are definitely wonderful.



I hope this mv makes you as happy as it does me.  Especially listening to the song, though, because I could chill to it all day long.

Happy listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment