Wednesday, October 10, 2012

J-Min 제이민_아름다운 그대에게 OST_일어나(Stand Up) _Music

Here’s another one I love. 

Yeah, yeah, it’s not technically Indie.  And I suppose it's not really "chill".  But I don’t recall saying that I would only do Indie music on the CMS, and I really love this song.  It’s definitely great to chill to... In a very, rock/metal sort of way.

First thing I noticed was her RED PLAID PANTS.  Well, tights/leggings really.  And may I say, they are quite wonderful?  Yes I may?  Oh good.

I enjoyed that they kept that whole red and black theme running through most of the video.  Well, except for that weird inside shot in the white room where she’s wearing those weird star pants?  The best thing about that shot is that the bassist is wearing an outfit with a skeleton all the way down.  Yes, that’s right.  A life-size skeleton.  Pretty much awesome.

The video was wonderful how they shot it in the forest and there were dreamy crystal chandeliers for lighting around them (but on the forest floor, not above them—how does that work? SM probably couldn’t figure out how to hang them in the trees…) and the lighting and the view were all a little blurry so that it seemed like a punk-rock fairy-tale dream.  Then they move it to this white room, and I don’t even want to comment on that, because it was cool, but the forest was cooler.  Ha ha, and the second guitarist was totally posing in the white room (another thing beside the skeleton outfit that was awesome)!  Anyone else find that hilarious?

The song:

First, I suppose, is that I love that this is an actual band playing actual instruments.  Yes, I do love the boy and girl bands out there, but the addition of instruments to a band makes them an actual “band” and I love that.  I also love that it’s a female vocalist with an otherwise all-male band.  Those tend to go fairly well, at least in the States.  Flyleaf.  Paramore.  Halestorm.  I suppose I just like that sound.

It’s a wonderful song, even though I can’t understand the lyrics.  It’s got a great sound, mixing the electronic elements with the actual instruments and the vocals to make a sort of rock sort of wonderful song.  Okay, maybe it’s not chill (I'm so done apologizing for that), and my inner rocker is just crying out to write about it.  I could listen to this song on repeat for hours.  It really never gets old.

Last I suppose: I love the outfits!  Well, mostly.  I love her leggings, love the bassist’s skeleton outfit, love the guitarist’s whole wardrobe, and definitely love the drummer’s gray top hat.  And really, that is the most noticeable thing about a drummer: his head, at least until he gets out from behind the drum set.

If you haven’t seen the video yet, you should check it out here:


And I'm going to work on getting a poll up for the next Chill Music Stash so you darlings can vote!
Have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

  1. this is based on a manga!!!!! at least i think.....its called Hana kimi.....it seems alot like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! It's Hana Kimi. Well, I think what they did was take the J-Drama and make it into a Kdrama. I looooved the J-Drama and am afraid to watch the Kdrama, in case it wasn't as amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete