Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ondahl - 닮은 아이 Official Music Video


Yes, I have Simon and Martina to thank for bringing me to Ondahl and Gosu.  I pretty much love these guys (Ondahl and Gosu).  Really.
On to the video!

I adore the video.  It really fits the sound of the song so well.  The editing is well done so that you get the changing of the shot with the beat of the music, which is almost like a marching-band type beat at the beginning.  I like that with the change of the music, less of a beat and more drawn out, you get longer shots, and then back to the beat. 

  I love the golden sunlight wash over everything making the day seem laid back and chill.  I love how at the beginning of the music video the shots are very close and you don’t get a lot of scenery with everything, so they could be anywhere with a road and stone walls and concrete houses and trees.  I love his shoes.

I love that you don’t get full body shots of them playing their instruments.  You mostly get their heads and feet cut off with their instruments in the middle, or shots of their torsos as they are walking, or shots of their feet as they are stepping.  The stepping thing is way fun.  Too often you see just shots of the artist or band playing their instruments interspersed with random scenes of what they are singing about.  I loved that shot of the guitar strings vibrating.  So creative.

The song:
I freaking love this song!!!

  It has such a great sound, with the instruments having their own voices but being put together into a song that is chill and wonderful.  I love that it doesn’t try too hard, and that it both makes you want to nod your head and just relax at the same time.  Perfect song to chill to, really.  I have no idea what they are saying, because I can’t speak Korean (yet!).  Sorry darlings.

Overall, I just love this song and this video.  It’s one of those videos that I could just watch over and over.  Right up my alley.  If you have any suggestions for the next Chill Music Stash addition (whether it’s a music video or just a song), please add your comments.  I may even get a poll up.  We'll see.

And also, if you have more info on the band, that would be great.  I am not sure, but Ondahl is the guy with the glasses, and the band is called Gosu?  Really, I can’t read Korean, and Indie bands don’t get marketed in English like mainstream Kpop groups do.  So any info you would like to give would be greatly appreciated!

Here’s the link for the music video if you haven’t seen it yet:

Next wee I am thinking about doing J-Min, "Stand Up".  We'll see how that goes.
Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment