Thursday, May 30, 2013

Eco Bridge (에코브릿지), J-Sun (제이썬), and, randomly, Acoustic Perfume (어쿠스틱 퍼퓸)

Fail on getting Rap/Hip Hop/other music up on Tuesday.  Sorry, sometimes I've got to have a life, too!  I'm hoping to have a little more time for... Well, everything coming up really soon.  We'll see how that goes.

Eco Bridge (에코브릿지) is just... Ha ha ha!  Fantastic!  Their mv, 어느 날 문득, is so much fun, but in a very understated sort of way.  I adore how they start the music video out with one of the guys composing at the piano, and then move around this cafe, from one member of the band to the next, and they pass the song on, and you can see them singing it.  Sigh, it's pretty much super clever and wonderful. And then they end it with everyone back where they were at the beginning, but not playing or singing, with their song in the background, and the guy that was composing something is finished!  Maybe that was their song!  

*Keels over and dies from awesome*

The chill rhythm of the music is something you can listen to on a sunshiny Saturday, one where you don't really have to go anywhere, and you're kind of just lingering in your kitchen, looking out the window at the world, right after a rainstorm, so that the air is clear?  And then you just get to experience life for a couple of minutes, and be happy.  That is what this song makes me think of.

Side note:  Had I not loved them already, and the song, I would have fallen in love with them because they have an upright bass player.  I also am fantastically in love with the fact that they've got this grooving electric guitar with a piano, a keyboard, and that awesome upright bass.  Wow, the sound of this song!  Ack!


On to J-Sun (제이썬), Feat. 정 환: 날살살 녹여.  

So.  This?  I love this one just as much.  I adore the playground scenes, and the filter on the camera, and the kids!  So cute!!!  It really makes me want to enjoy my summer, have the most fun I could possibly have.  She's adorable!  So is he!!  And I just love those kids!

The way they shot the music video, making it a sort of music video, but also making it sort of a making of/behind the scenes too?  Very fun.  I love it when artists do that with their music videos.  It's just... Well, in this case, it's cute!

The sound?  Oh, love it!  I love her rapping, and how it's so mellow, but still rap.  I love the kind of chill R&B feel of the song, the music, just everything about it.  This is another song that does something to my insides--right around my heart region.  It lifts me up and makes me feel happy, thinking about good times, and wanting to do things that are just chill, and just to live and be happy, you know?


Finally, I've got... definitely a charmingly bizarre, or bizarrely charming music video for you from Acoustic Perfume (어쿠스틱 퍼퓸).  It's called "Tale," and it's... Lovely.  

The music video is... so random and weird, but I kind of love it with that part of my heart that just accepts these kinds of things for what they are and doesn't question.  It tells us a story, following this guy (I'm assuming he's the artist), who goes on a sort of journey.  And it's all animated in this really awesome style where the people are almost real, but everything else is so obviously animated.

The song?  So chill, so beautiful.  It has a wistful, mystical feel to it almost.  There's a guitar playing a simplistic melody in the background, and then his voice, nothing else, really.  I'm sure they've got it touched up and studio-ified, and everything; but it's the pure simplicity of the song, along with the wistfulness of it that is so beautiful.  It reminds me of stories that I've heard and longed to hear again, something lost and almost found, but not quite.


That's it for tonight!  If you'd like to request a song or music video, leave a note in the comments, otherwise I'll go wherever the wind takes me! Have a fantastic week listening to your chill music, and hopefully I'll have something for you on Tuesday!  Cross your fingers!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment