Thursday, May 2, 2013

Geeks, The Night Owl, and Cotton Factory

Every week is a new adventure isn't it?

Writing this blog, and exploring (I have to in order to come up with new things every week) like I do, every week is a constant surprise and filled with endless fascination over the human mind and experience.  We are all so different, with so many different experiences comprising our character.

The music we make, listen to, and enjoy encapsulate that experience and bring it to life once again.  And always finding new music is one of the greatest joys in life, I feel.  Finding something new that perfectly expresses the feelings you have at JUST THAT MOMENT.  It is a beautiful feeling.

So, after having waxed nostalgic (or philosophical, or whatever you want to call what I just did), we can get on to the music I have for you tonight.  I am surely cutting it close this time, per usual ;)

I've got three songs that don't have videos to them!!!  What?!  How?!

Oh, don't you worry, they are ALL beautiful.

The first I want to talk about is Cotton Factory with "Now."  This song is... so beautiful.  It makes me think of a lullaby and a love song and a lament all tied in one.  Just him and his guitar (maybe two guitars) and his beautiful voice.  Wow, and does he have a set of pipes on him!  That... Really is all I have to say about this song.  It's so beautiful.  The ending is so calm and quiet, and I feel like it would lull you to sleep with its gentleness.


This next artist, The Night Owl with "Talk to me," is pretty much epic!  Seriously, he takes music and turns it into something of his own that he can play with and mix and... Sigh.  I love this, and I didn't even realize I liked it!  It's like... Electronica is what the description says, mixed with punk and rock.  I think that description is very apt, and I love the music, but honestly?  My favorite parts of the song are definitely the vocals and what he does with his voice.  Wow, genius.


And, last but definitely not least.  One of my absolute favorite bands, ever: Geeks with "Wash Away."  Oh man, you guys, I love Geeks so much!  They... I can't even describe why I love them! It might be because of the hour, but it could also be because of their absolute wonderfulness.  I love how they combine their rap with their amazing vocals, and they can perfectly stand on that on their own, but then they combine all of it into amazing music, with instrumentals and... I die every time, seriously!  I adore how they can be chill at times, but can also be completely smashing as hip hop artists, too.


Okey dokey.  I'm done enthusing about chill music for the week.  I definitely hope you come back on Tuesday.  I'll be on a cruise (tee hee, yay for summer!), but I have at least one EPIC song that I want to talk about, and I'm sure there will be more.  Have a great weekend and keep listening! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment