Tuesday, June 4, 2013

feverdogs, Bumkey (범키), and ROLLSP!KE

Loving the offerings for this week!  As you can probably tell, because I've got three videos!

The first one is from feverdogs (피버독스), and is called Kyung-sung Tune (경성별걱).

I love the video, even if the filming makes me a bit dizzy.  It's fun that they go from place to place, and show them playing their instruments and singing on the streets and in regular everyday places, then going to the club and having it hopping with their music.  It give it a real, fun and upbeat feel.

I love the music--I love their sound--that it's rock (I haven't heard many Korean rock bands on Youtube, I just don't have that kind of access), and I actually really enjoy the lead singer's voice.  The song was fun and had me wanting to dance and kind of just move to the beat.  Plug: I don't like that they end with profanity, but that's sometimes what listening to this type of music gets you.


I'm gonna go with ROLLSP!KE next.  Just because I'm arbitrary like that and like switching things up.  Tee hee.

Their song "Higher" is a fun, kind of Jazzy electronic song that sounds like it would be great clubbing music.  The video is a random awesome light show thing going on, which I watched for about 30 seconds before going to a new tab and just listening to the song.  Some songs were meant to be just listened to, you know?

On that note: seriously.  I love electronica and techno.  And this is just so much fun.  It's a dancing song, with a great rhythm and a... It almost sounds like an electric guitar with this melody thing going through the whole of the song.  I really really like it.


I saved this next one for last, because I... well, I love this song.  Bumkey's "Bad Girl" (범키, "미친연애") is... Everything wonderful.  My friend, Katie, informs me that it's a Tango (who knew??), and I just adore it.

The video is actually way fun.  I adore that she's super tall in her heels.  I love that she is at times teasing, tempting, and tying them up.  The set is interesting, in that it is so sparse, and you even have the uncovered lights shining toward the camera.  There's really no background, just them and the furniture they're using, whether it's a chair or the sofa. 

 Interesting thing, too: How the camera keeps checking her out, just like a man would: Down then up.  And the fact that they've got her in this short skirt to show off her long legs.  And how the guys are all dressed in nice-ish clothing.  I could be reading waaaay too much into this because I studied Literature and was trained to analyze, but this could be a comment on society and the differences in men and women and how we notice different things about the opposite gender.  I am not a man, but I've heard they like sexy things like those dresses and heels.  Whereas women really like to see a well-dressed man.  Anyway.

The song?  Sigh.  I love the saxophone, I love the jazzy, tango-feel of it.  His voice (Wow, I can't get over how amazing his voice is, like chocolate!), the rapping bits... Oh this song is just wonderful.  And, ESPECIALLY the very end where he's just making noises and singing them?  Best. Thing.  Ever.  I don't have more to say because it's just so great!


I hope you all like the music, and have fun with the other stuff you're listening to!  If you have any requests, leave them in the comment section for me :D  See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment