Thursday, September 5, 2013

2LSON, DOK2 and BUMKEY

I've heard of this group of composers/song writers before, but it hadn't clicked for me until now exactly what they do.

Seriously, check out 2LSON, I am loving their work.  It's so fun to see something different on the music scene now and then, and this is definitely different.

I had to look them up, because the song I just heard, "The Lady" is credited as by 2LSON, featuring Bumkey and Dok2.  Now, you already know that ANYTHING by Bumkey, and I am sooo there, and Dok2 is also an amazing artist.  So I listened to the song, and wondered, "Okay, what the heck?  I recognize Bumkey and Dok2, but where is this 2LSON that is supposedly the artist?"  

My curiosity having been peaked, I went on a web search and it didn't take me long to find that this "artist" is actually a group consisting of LE (Composer), Jason (Composer), Noel (Lyricist), and Hyo Bin (Vocalist).

Like Standing Egg, and to some extent, Verbal Jint, then, this group does collabs with other artists, vocalists and rappers (rapp-ists??  Ha, weird!) to make music and get their songs out there.

You should totally check out their music, especially the one below.  I am really on an R&B kick, and quite enjoy this song.  I'd look up more of their songs for you (because I remember, somewhere, seeing their name, but I can't remember exactly WHERE), but I'm soooo tired!

Here's the making of "The Lady":


I... really hope you like them.  Seriously, it's so fun to discover something so new, and then to be able to share it?  Priceless.

Keep listening to your chill music, and have a fantastic weekend! :D

2 comments: