Thursday, September 26, 2013

San-E (산이 나쁜놈둘) and 이나래 (Lee Na Rae) - Raining In Amsterdam

Double feature!!!

Because I slipped up on Tuesday with no Rap/Hip Hop wonderfulness.  So, double feature tonight.  A little shorter with both of them, but...  Sigh.  Life.

First, San-E.  I pretty much adore him.  Like a lot.  Even with his profanity (I have to put this disclaimer in every post, just in case someone is new here.  Profanity is pointless).  I love his style, I love his rapping, I love his voice, and I think he's... such a cutie.  I'm sure he'd love to be described as a cutie, too.  Riiiiiight.  Actually, he's probably aiming for gangsta and "awesome" and "the shiz" or some such, but I'm me and I use words like "cutie" to describe the rappers I adore.  They'll just have to get used to it.

This song... A bit repetitive, but it sounds kind of like it was on the spot.  Improv, if you will.  I love the rhythm and I love their voices cooperating and... Yeah. 

I love the video, I love the setting of the abandoned building and how you kind of get that acoustic echo-y feeling with the openness of the empty hollowed out building.  The lighting and the colors are cool--very real-life like they didn't mess with any of the brightness on the camera and it seems... Real to me.


Hope you enjoy that video.  Lots of profanity.  Let's get past that.  I really enjoyed the setting and the song.

The next song?  Lee Na Rae with "Raining in Amsterdam."

The song--so chill, so much fun!  I love this song, it starts out with this super cute intro, and then goes into a Jazzy, mellow beat with her beautiful, clear voice highlighted with fun effects.  When I first saw the teaser, I wasn't sure I would like the song, because it seemed a little too cute for me.  But I'm glad I listened to it, because it's such a wonderful song.  Just a shade upbeat for true laid-back chill-ness, but it is perfect in itself.

The blurriness of the picture in the video sometimes messes with my eyes, and I have to blink to make sure that it's not me.  The rooms she sits in look too sterile to actually be places that anyone lives.  Weird.  I LOVE those shoes that they show a shot of.  I also love how her sketchbook turns into an animated moving video of galoshes walking in the rain.  That was beautiful.  

One last thing I want to say about this song.  It's just... I love that there are songs like this out there.  It really gives me hope in the musical community, you know?  People coming up with songs that you can tell were... completely themselves.  Yes, they were inspired by something, but to be so completely just... themselves.  Unashamedly.  It's a wonderful thing.


Have the most fantastically chill weekend, dearies.  One last thing--I like Raining in Amsterdam because it's raining here, right now.  I took a walk in it and it was so lovely.  Chilly but not too cold, and delightful.

See you soon!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment