Thursday, September 12, 2013

Drunken Tiger '살자 The Cure'

Guys.  Seriously.

Okay, my friend sent me this video, and I immediately fell in love with it.  It's Drunken Tiger with T. Yoon Mirae (I think that's what she's going by now?  Tasha?  Yoon Mirae? We know who we're talking about), and Bizzy, accompanied by David Choe on the guitar.  The song is called "The Cure."  And, let me tell you what, this song is absolutely gorgeous.  Perfect chill music.

First of all, the video reminded me of Where the Wild Things Are, with the drawings of animals and flowers and giants clinging to their backs.  It also reminds me of the book "The Little Prince."  Weird that this music video reminds me of two children's books, isn't it?  But perhaps not, because of the simplicity of the song and the drawings and the video.

I absolutely love the ruined burned-out building they're in, and the leather chairs and that random tub that Tiger JK (Drunken Tiger?  We KNOW!!!) lays back in.  I love the old fashioned scales at the very beginning, swinging back and forth--I would guess symbolizing that everything comes back into balance eventually.  

The fact that the whole of the video is in neutral tones also makes me very happy--those mellow, calming tones are my favorites.  The way they use the light is wonderful as well.

I think my favorite part is when the three of them are all seated in the brown leather chairs--T. Yoon Mirae looks like a Voodoo priestess queen with her two priests behind her.  It's awesome!

 The song.  I love the mellowness of it--it's fantastic with the guitar and Tiger's voice harmonizing and then Tasha's... and then Bizzy's.  I love that they made their song less rap-y and hard, but more light.  It was amazing how they were able to make their song sound light but not necessarily cheerful.  "The Cure" is about getting back up no matter how many times you fall.  Because falling is inevitable.  It's a soft, subtle song about courage.  I love Tasha's line about it being a cruel, cruel world out there.  Because, sometimes it really is.

Enough rambling.

Wait!  One more thing: CUTEST THING EVER that Tiger and Tasha put their son's voice at the end of the song.

Now I'm done.


Listen.  Watch.  Feel the awesomeness that is Tiger JK, T.Yoon Mirae, Bizzy and David Choi.

Have the most fantastic weekend ever and keep listening to your chill music!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment