Tuesday, September 10, 2013

신초이, 가자미소년단 (Shin Cho-i, Go! Dandy Boys) - 너의 곁에 있을게 (By Your Side) MV

I had honestly never heard of this band before, and I guess their name is, Go! Dandy Boys?  Maybe??  Or the whole thing: Shin Cho-i, Go! Dandy Boys...  That's kind of a mouthful.

Anyway.

This song.  Holy cow.  It reminds me of the good rock bands--the ones who managed to merge the harder stuff with the mellow stuff and come out with this gorgeous mellow song that makes the listener's heart almost hurt with how beautiful it is.  It's one that I feel like I could listen to over and over again.  This song, "By Your Side," (I believe)... just wow.  The intro with the guitars--I adore that sound, the almost-wailing electrical guitar right before the drums come in.  So beautiful, and such a heart-twisting song--at times it's almost happy and just cheerful, but you can feel the, um... assurance and slight melancholy of it.

The whole song is just fantastically amazing, and the band has such a great sound.  I wish I could hear more from them as an international K-Indie and K-Rock fan.

The music video is so awesome, too!  Those rioters or whatever they are (maybe rebels?), with the sticks and the guns and the menacing faces--they were really scary, actually.  I kept thinking that if I were a member of the band, I wouldn't have been able to remain so straight-faced.  I would have probably run and hid in a corner.

The wind was a bit weird, I didn't understand that, but it was a really fun effect, and I bet the band enjoyed using it.  The end where the rioters were all knocked down and the band kind of ran off like, "Oh, we didn't do this," was also a little bit weird to me, but I still enjoyed it.  It's always fun to have a little something at the end of the video after the music.

Enough talking from me.  Time for you to see the music video:


Seriously, I love this song.  It's going on repeat.

Have a great week with your chill (and sometimes not so chill) music!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment