Thursday, March 14, 2013

김목인 - 꿈의 가로수길 (Kim Mokin)

Story time!

I was getting ready for work this morning, doing my makeup and stuff, and I was thinking, "What am I going to do for Chill Music Stash this week?" because I hadn't been listening to a whole lot of new stuff this week.  Then I looked at my subscriptions, and thought, doubtfully, "Okay, this looks... Well, I will give it a chance."

And let me tell you.  This song by Kim Mokin...  It's beautiful.  Chill in a lullaby almost sort of way.  It's so relaxing and wonderful and simple.  I absolutely adore the upright bass, and that just made my day.  This song is... Folksy almost, without being too much, you know?

Anyway, so I thought, right then and there, "Yep, this is the one for this week."  So I apologize that it's not some crazy-pants music video, or super creative out-there song.  But, I love it.  Sometimes you just need to listen to something that you can hum along to, listen to the guitar and fall in love, understand every word they are singing.  This is about...  The song and the story and... Happiness.

And let me say, I was watching him play the guitar, and thinking, "Wow, that is amazing!"  I can't imagine a time when I don't have to look down at my hands when I'm playing.  And then the bass?  How can he know right where he needs to put everything so that he's plucking the exact right note?  That blows my mind!  

I love the lighting, and how it casts shadows from his hair onto his face, making it seem...  Not mysterious, but kind of soft; and the song's like a warm drink of hot chocolate on a cold day.  Or a song that is welcoming Spring, that he could be playing out on the front porch with neighborhood children around his feet, listening.


There are a bunch of other videos by Kim Mokin that were uploaded just the other day.  Or maybe this morning.  In one of them, there's a lady playing the accordion!  Seriously!  An accordion!  Pretty wonderful, if you ask me.

Enough of me being such a nerd for this lovely song.  It is just one of those that makes your heart happy, you know?  Now go out and have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment