Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Rap Corner: 슈프림팀(Supreme Team)_그대로 있어도 돼 (Feat. Crush)

Black and white.  White and black.  Yeah yeah yeah baby!

Now that I've gotten my enthusiasm for the black and white video out, let's move on, shall we?  What?  You thought I would never move on?  Ha ha!

Supreme Team is back!  Yay!  So... Confession time:  This is actually only one of a few Supreme Team songs I've actually listened to.  And I think the ones before this were before my hip hop/rap liking stage.  So, I can't be held accountable for my previous opinions on this group.

This song could very well go in the Chill Music Stash category, because it is so laid back and chill.  It's got a fantastic, deep beat that never fails to get my head nodding to it.  I'm sitting at the kitchen table with my laptop in front of me and my headphones over my ears, nodding like a fool.  I'm sure my family (if they saw me) would laugh, because they can't hear the awesomeness that is getting my head noddin'.  I'm only sayin'.

Besides the bass beat, the amazing combination of that higher, close to falsetto melody line in the soulful voice with the bad boy sounding/almost gritty rap made me fall in love with this song.  And that beginning with the... I don't even know what it's called, but the... Musical part of the beat?  Wow, I so don't know what I'm talking about here, obviously.  Anyway.  The beginning.  Completely catches you with just the beat.  No voices except for "Yeah, city lights." being spoken.

This video.  Seriously.  It's the small things you know?  First, I really enjoyed how it was kind of a mix of footage from their concerts, their recording sessions, and behind the scenes type of shots.  Like where one is snoozing and the other puts a spoon over his eye, waking him up??  Ha ha, totally something I can see any of us goof offs out here (in the not-famous world) doing.  I love that the video makes them more human, and at the same time, more awesome!

I love the black and white, and I know I started with this, but let me elaborate.  Besides my inclination toward monochromatic (all one color) schemes, like sepia toned photos and what not, I am also captivated by how the crew highlighted the play of light.  They used the black and white filming to highlight the play of light through the music video, and created these fantastic shadows and stark contrasts that just blow my mind with their amazingness.

And, here's the video, if you haven't seen it yet (Yay!!!):



Do you guys know everything about hip hop and rap that I don't?  Tell me about it in the comments, and help me out :D  Otherwise I get to study up on it all on my lonesome.  And there's no better way to learn thing than through friends.  They condense and point out important facts ;)

Now, go and live your lives!  Unfortunately not in black and white, but we can't have everything, can we?  

No comments:

Post a Comment