Tuesday, April 9, 2013

최자(CHOIZA)_없어 AND Zion.T _ Babay (feat.Gaeko)

Finally, I am taking the time  to write about this amazing music video.  I'm so excited!!  I've also got another that was just released that I want to comment on, too.  Hopefully you will watch them both, and love them as much as or more than I do.

The first one is by Choiza, called "Going Down."  

Holy Cow.  I saw that Amoeba Korea was going crazy posting this video everywhere, and was intrigued because it only had the word "Eopso" on the still for the video (forgive my horrid Romanization), and I've quite liked a lot of what has come from Amoeba Culture.  I kept putting off watching it, until I didn't really have a choice.

Boy, I should have watched it earlier!  The video.  Let's talk about the video first :D

Oh!  Several things I noticed, and several things that just make me happy (and overall it is just epic!).  I love the song set to the video.  Seriously.  It feels like it fits.  Even though it seems like nothing happens in the video, that's okay, because, really that's kind of what it's about.  Going down, right?  The branches and the yarn and the drippy-looking icky stuff that may be blood, but also very well may be chocolate syrup.  So interesting, and so... Just... I loved it.  And I don't know why.

Choiza's stillness is compelling here.  He is moving, but in very minute ways, and only truly moving when he's trying to get past all that wispy-sheet stuff in the doorway.  It's hard to be still, especially when you're supposed to and the camera is on you.  The stillness he embodies kind of flows throughout the song and the video, and everything seems in half-speed.  

Throughout the music video, the imagery is sharp and fascinating, but also very minimalistic.  I just can't get over how much I love the whole thing.

The music.  Wow, I love it.  Begins with a rhythm from a sort of pipe-like instrument, echo-y and surreal.  His voice comes in and it's synthed into deeper and deeper octaves.  Cue drums and a sick beat (I can't believe I just used "sick"), and rap, and it turns into this... Wonderful, fantastic but deep and still-to-the-heart-of-it, song.  If that makes any sense.  And perhaps the stillness is not something natural, but enforced, if by himself or others?  I don't know.

Enough blather.  I love this music video more than I thought :D


See?  Isn't it FANTASTIC???

Zion. T just today released "Babay" featuring Gaeko.

Bah ha ha!  This music video is hysterical and clever, and looks like so much fun!  At first, when I only watched the beginning, I thought, "Okay, this is a little disappointing, because it looks so main-stream." I should have had a little bit more trust in Zion. T, should I have?  

Only a few things:  In that box, if I were her?  I would be freaking out because of claustrophobia and because he was touching her dress!  I... What... Weird.  I'd freak.  And, that box?  Wow, it was interesting, it seemed like gravity kept shifting.  Loved it.

Also, the art gallery room?  So funny.  And painting all over it must've been a blast for him!  I loved Zion. T's outfit, the whole time; the glasses were a riot!  Just the right touch.  And the play between Gaeko as the security guard and Zion. T as the mad mastermind?  Brilliant.

As for the song?  Definitely wonderful, so catchy, something I'll probably be humming for the week to come.  Loved it.

And here ya go:


Enjoy these, and have a brilliant week! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment