Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Can't Keep it to Just One

Yet again, I have put this off until the last minute.  At least it's not PAST the last minute this time.

I had a few songs in mind before I started exploring to supplement my already awesome list for this week's Chill Music Stash.  And guess what?!  Those songs were booted out by other songs/videos that just... Make me so happy!  So, beware, these are quirky, wonderful, and ultimately just lovely songs and music videos that, if you have not seen them yet--what are you waiting for?!

Let's start with The Rocktigers, shall we?  They released "Haunted" on April 3rd, and it is so bouncy and fun, and old-fashioned rock-style that I was dancing along to the music in my seat. Let me tell you, as soon as I saw that upright bass, I was a goner.  I am such a sucker for the upright bass, mostly because I tend to think if the band has that, they've got a type of quirk-factor that is certain to make my day!

Their whole style is just phenomenal: I love their energy, and the video is simple and wonderful.  They've got shots of the band all glammed up for the video, and then they've got shots of them performing live.  It's great, they keep it just interesting and fun enough that you don't think halfway through, "What, why am I still watching?"  They're energetic, and I don't know how they do some of those things they do (especially with that bass, did you see that?  He STOOD on it!)--so much fun to watch!  The song is such a great throwback to when rock was totally fun and involved, and not a lot of screaming.  I can see people swing-dancing to this kind of music.  So upbeat and something to dance to. (The description is calling it rockabilly--very aptly named, that!)


Rockabilly aside (epic and fun though it was), I found something that just... is pretty much the epitome of the Chill Music Stash.  Seriously.  This video is quirky and a little bit silly but just plain wonderful.  It's Sun Woo Jung Ah with "The Song of Hero."

Oh.  Boy.  This song.  Perfect.  I love finding those songs that are so playful but also jazzy and sing-able, and... *shivers with happiness*

I love the play of all the instruments, and I love the simplicity of the song, but how they are all put together makes for something wonderful, that pretty much everyone can love.  And the video?!  Ha ha ha!  It is so great!  This lady?  She's so darling.  I enjoy watching her, she's so creative, and has just that touch of silliness in her that lets her do her own thing without needing to take it too seriously.  I like those people.

Now watch, so you, too, can bask in the beauty of epic chill music:


She just looks like she's having a really great time, doesn't she?  It's pretty much wonderful.

Now for someone we've heard from before--J Rabbit with "We're in love."

These girls are darling, but more than that, I really love their music.  Every song they make is so pretty, but also light and airy.  I love their harmonies--their voices work so well together.

In this video, they have all different shots in one screen, and it's so cute to see them goofing off in the lower middle screen.  Just you wait, you'll see it, they crack themselves up (I love it, because we all do it.  You don't have to admit it to me, but admit it to yourself at least), but they also have all different kinds of instruments that they put into the song.

I love it, and you should too:


See?  Wasn't that darling?

Well, dears, it has been a fantastic week for Chill Music.  Keep listening and stay awesome!  I am reeeeaaaalllly hoping to get another rap corner in.  I've got one that I'm just BURNING to talk about, it's that... stunning.  So, I will schedule my time better, and you all have a fantastic weekend :D

No comments:

Post a Comment