Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tidbits: Startline (스타트라인), The Richard Parkers (리차드파커스), and Ashgray (애쉬 그레이)

Just a few songs and videos that I want to share today.  No deep analyzing (hopefully), no criticism, simply music that I really like and feel should be heard.

Let's start with The Richard Parkers (리차드파커스) with "On My Way to Sleep (자러간가)."

Beautiful instrumentals, very chill, AMAZING vocals, such a nice match.  Lovely song, perfect rainy day music.


I loved the name, too-- "The Richard Parkers."  Fun!

Next, let's do Startline (스타트라인) and their song, "Time Goes By."

Here's another group with MirrorBall Music.  These guys, though, are more of a rock sound, and I really like the change of pace.  From Chill to Rock.

They have a nice, straightforward rock sound--sometimes you just want to listen to something that is upbeat and fun like this.  A nod-your-head song, and then at the chorus you get to sing along with the "Whoa-oh-oh," and life is good again.


I like the description, too.  It tells us that Startline is a "melodic punk band" and their song contains a "hopeful message."  Yes.  Definitely hopeful.  So much love.

Last is 애쉬 그레이 (Ashgray) with "어린왕자," or, "The Little Prince."

This is a group of three guys (as far as I can tell), and they're under BigFoot Records.

This song, combined with this music video.  Wow.  Just, wow.  

I watched the music video and I was creeped out a little bit at first, because the sound was a little creepy, and it looked like it could be some kind of horror music video; but then it turned into this very interesting artistic video with amazing editing and shots and fantastic ideas behind it.

And the song?  Wow.  I love what they did with it, especially where they warp the vocals going into the chorus.  Sooo cool.  Loved it.


Have fun with your listening, and I'll see you soon!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment