Friday, January 31, 2014

My Two Current Favorites

Zion.T (자이언티) Dok2--these guys are my two absolute favorites.  At least, right now.

I say "current favorites," because there are always new artists coming out, and new songs.  That's one of the things I love about the music scene--there is something for everyone, it seems.  And there will always be more, even if you have to wait for it.

That being said, I also feel like I love these two artists not just because of one certain song, or because of any bias.  I genuinely like the music they release, consistently.  Yes, I wish Dok2 would stop using the obligatory f-word in every song, and sometimes Zion.T... Well, I can't think of anything about Zion.T's music I would like to change.  We all see now where my true sympathies lie!

But, in all fairness and seriousness, I just enjoy these two artists.  I love listening to their music, I like watching them perform, I like the evolution of their music (except the f-bomb).

I don't remember when I first heard of Dok2.  Perhaps (and I'm pretty sure this is it) it was when I heard one of G Dragon's new songs--new at the time--and thought to myself, who is this "Dok-two character?  I like his voice."  Ha ha, and I know what you're thinking, but give me a bit of a break?  I was stinking new to the scene, and I figured everything out with a little bit of research.  And then I started listening.  And, slowly, Dok2 (pronounced: Dohk-ee) has turned into the artist I will go to when I am in a bad mood and just need something to listen to.

With Zion.T...  I think the first thing I saw him in was something he featured in (Choiza?  Gaeko?  Primary?), and I thought he was WEIRD.  Have you seen his music videos??  And the others he features in?  If you were a new fan, of the genre or even of Zion.T, would you really instantly like him, or would you think he was a little bit weird?  Because I know that I loved his voice--was instantly captivated--but was strangely both drawn and also made a little cautious by his performance.  By the time Babay came out however, I was enough of a fan that I loved every single second of the music video.  Zion.T has become one of my absolute all-time favorites.  I love listening to him, quite enjoy watching him perform, and have to laugh at his interviews.

And, since this is a music blog, about music... Here's Zion.T's debut song, featuring Dok2.  I know, can life get any better?  Probably not.


*wait!  It could get better if Dok2 were actually IN the mv...*



Do you have any stories about your favorite artists?  Who are they, and why are they your favorites?  Leave me comments, questions, requests... You know, anything that suits your fancy.  Of course, if you're gonna be a troll, I might sneer at my computer as I read.  Beware!

Keep listening to your awesome chill music, and I'll see you back here next week!  I'm sure I'll have something awesome for you :D

No comments:

Post a Comment