Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Drop a Beat Catch Up

Let's start out with a few things.

I am trying to become better and more consistent with my posts after falling off.  It's hard because I got out of the habit, and because I've been listening to other things (still love chill music and rap, though!) and because I wanted to do a catch up with some of the songs I missed.  That is super intimidating!!

The other order of business is this: I decided to call this section (instead of "Rap Corner," which I thought sounded a little bit silly), "Drop a Beat," which is actually the name of my rap playlist on my iPod.

With that stuff taken care of, let's go!  This is going to be fast and awesome!

Electroboyz, "Let it Rain."  This song just gives me chills.  It's like a perfect mix of rap/hip hop with an almost pop but chill sound.  I love the vocals, and I will always love a song with rain in the background.  This was fun rain, though--they had a random heavy drop every now and then that was super epic.  I also really liked the percussion that they had going on: not just some heavy dubstep, but what sounded like a real drum kit.  Nice.


This next is more "listening" music than "drop a beat" as such.  It's Mayson the Soul's "Holiday." And I love it.  In a much different way from "Let it Rain." Holiday is a head-nodding song.  I do love the vocals so much, I love the beat and rhythm, and I really enjoy the rap sections.  It's stylish but simple.  This is definitely a chill dancing song.  It's great!  And it features Beenzino, which is just perfect!  



I'm inserting a plug for Kanto in here.  I love a lot of his stuff, he's pretty much awesome, but I didn't want to add "Daybreak & Fly High" because I heard it's a cover?  Not sure, but I love basically everything he does.  Go check Kanto out.

Okey dokey.  Now for a deep, nod-your-head, awesome and sick beat-- Twangsta with "The Roots," feat. Hwaji (my apologies, I'm rushing through this and am not taking the time to type everything out in Hangul).  This song is not necessarily fun, but it's good for those days you just wanna be a gangster, you know?  Without all the... actual gangster-ness, right?  Am I the only one?  Okay, well, this track has fantastic elements to make the whole.  I love his laid-back rap style, not forcing it, like it's poetry, really.  The music part reminds me of the fifties, I think, and the old-school gangsters with their suits and hats.  It's got that swag laid-back feel to it.  Sweet.



Last (this is getting long) but definitely not least, I want to add Swings' "Bulldozer."  This was absolutely SICK.  When I think of sick rappers, Swings is definitely up on the top of that list.  This song--the beat, it echoes through the center of your chest; I would LOVE to hear this in a club, or something with HUGE speakers.  And Swings?  He just spits out words like he's got something to SAY.  I am almost never disappointed by Swings' songs.  Of course, the caveat: why all the profanity?  That's just dumb.  No one needs to hear it.  Done with that.  One last thing: that ending?  Holy cow.  Love it.


Don't let this list define you!  I also want to mention Double K, who recently came out with an amazing song; B free X Optical--holy creepy!  Okasion is a new artist I'm watching out for, and I do love the new Untouchable tracks.  Go have fun, and I'll see you back here for Chill Music Stash!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment