Thursday, February 28, 2013

소란 (Soran) - 살빼지 마요

I discovered this group just this week, and all I have to say is:  Where have I been?!  And, more importantly: Why did I not know about Soran earlier?!

I love their sound, they're so chill, right up my alley guys.  Right up my alley.  And they look like such... Just nice (if a little hipster) guys.  They look like they could be both very fun to hang out with, but also very chill.  Guys who could do their own thing while you did yours, and just hang out together, you know?  Okay, I'm being a little foolish.  Moving on!

This video makes me so happy!!!!  Here it is, then I get to talk about it after you've seen it:


Everything, everything, everything.  I especially enjoyed the rain on the lead singer, though.  And how the animations of the raindrops bounced off his shoulders.  I loved the way, at the end of the mv, they were all holding their instruments and standing, especially the drummer!  That was so great!  The lens messed with me, not gonna lie, how when it panned around the room, it was weird around the edges?  Made me kind of dizzy, even though I was sitting.

I just want to say, also, that I'd love to have a room like this!  And that painting? The one on the desk?  Totally recognized it!  But, since I'm such a book nerd, I recognized it from the book that was written about the painting "The Girl with the Pearl Earring," and not the painting itself.

Anyway.  I need to find more by Soran, and so do you!  Because, I'm convinced that nobody, having heard them, can possibly live without Soran's music in their lives.  In fact, I shall immediately put all of their music that I can find on my Youtube playlist.  And play it on loop.  For days.  Until everyone around me is sick of it, and I'm singing along to lyrics I don't know because I don't understand much Korean.  Yes, I'm one of those people.

Go out and listen to your chill music and be happy and have  fantastic week, friends!  Remember this music video by Soran and smile :D

No comments:

Post a Comment