Tuesday, June 11, 2013

브라더수 (Brother Su) feat. Swings - 왜 이러니 (Why Are You Being Like This?)

Forgive my ignorance about musical culture, I beg you.

I thought, if I started off with that, then whatever stupidity I blurt out about this song might slide.  Because, when it comes to music, I only really know two things: "I like this," and "I don't like this."  Otherwise, I feel like a complete idiot stumbling around in the dark, tripping over terms like, "Synth," and "Reggae" and... Yeah.  So, my apologies ahead of time.

This song.

Wow.

Before I checked today on Youtube, I was thinking, "Okay, I'll just have to put up something old that I love to listen to all the time.  Then I'll have tons of things to say, and it might introduce some old, but awesome music."  Brother Su totally saved you guys from that.

Brother Su (브라더수) (Feat. Swings), and his song, "Why are you Being Like This?" (왜이러니) made my day.  And my day was pretty fantastic to begin with.

This song... Doesn't really fit into the "Rap/Hip Hop" genre, even though Swings is there rapping like his awesome bad self.  Here's a plug for Swings: when he doesn't have profanity in his songs, I REALLY like them.  His flow and his voice, and everything.

On to Brother Su's song.  Again...  It's got this heavy beat to begin, and then this swinging rhythm starts up, and then he starts singing, and the treble notes he busts out with no problem at all... Just... Amazing.  Such a light and airy song, it's almost Reggae, a little bit Jazzy.  I love the syncopated rhythm, but I really love Brother Su's voice.  It's so... Light, you know?  He kind of just invokes the spirit of lightheartedness through this song.

I hadn't heard of Brother Su before this, but I am definitely a fan.  For sure.  Check his song out:


I wish there was a video.  It would have been so much fun to watch!  I guess we can hope for next time, right?

Keep listening and being chill and I'll see you back here on Thursday!  I'm definitely feeling Nell... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment